Throughout August, Edinburgh Gin is celebrating the capital’s 70th festival, with pop up bars at a variety of locations across the city and a brand-new show inspired by the spirit’s illustrious history, ‘The Art and Science of Gin’.
‘THE ART AND SCIENCE OF GIN’
Utilising cutting edge projection mapping technology, ‘The Art and Science of Gin’ invites audience members to step into the world of gin like never before.
Exploring Edinburgh’s gin craze of the 1700s through to the global search for botanicals and modern-day distillation, this one-of-a-kind show promises to excite the senses with all the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the gin-making process.
For £20 ticket holders can look forward to a welcome drink, a gin tasting session, and a signature serve during the performance.
Dates: 4th-6th, 8th-13th, 15th-20th, 22nd-27th August
Times: 13:30, 15:00, 16:30 (duration 1 hour)
Address/Venue: 99 Hanover Street, EH2 1DJ
Venue number: 509
Box Office: 0131 556 6550
For Bookings: Click here
‘GIN PASSPORT’ & POP-UP GIN BARS
Set to delight cocktail aficionados and gin lovers alike, this year’s festival marks the launch of Edinburgh Gin’s first ‘Gin Passport’.
Offering a unique taste of the capital’s spirit, festival-goers will explore a series of six pop-up bars in popular locations, including Contini @ the Mound, George Street, Teviot House and the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
Among the signature serves are classic G&Ts, gin fizzes and exclusive Edinburgh Gin cocktails inspired by some of the city’s most renowned icons; including the ‘Edwyn Collins’, the ‘James Martin Martini’ or the ‘New Town Treasure’.
By collecting a stamp at each of the distiller’s pop-up bars, guests can also lay claim to a complementary drink at Edinburgh Gin’s flagship venue at The Mound.
Where to find a Gin Passport
Throughout August, Edinburgh Gin pop up bars and Gin Passports may be found at the following locations:
• The Edinburgh Gin flagship bar and Tipple Trailer by the Scottish National Gallery at Contini @ The Mound from 10am to 10pm
• The Edinburgh Gin Terrace at The Place Hotel, York Place from 12noon to late
• The George Street Pop-Up Bar in the heart of the New Town from 10am to 11pm
• The Gilded Balloon Rose Theatre on Rose Street from 12noon to late.
• The New Amphion, and bars throughout the University of Edinburgh from 2pm to late
• The Loft, the VIP bar at Teviot House from 2pm to late
• The Edinburgh International Book Festival at Charlotte Square from 10am to late
• 99 Hanover Street bar from 12noon to late